Monday, August 2, 2010

collecting rocks!

I am usually not a big collector, but there is something about rocks that delights me whenever I find them to resemble something or have pretty combination of colors. Earlier this evening, I was in my backyard and found this piece of pebble that looked like a heart and it's red too :) The color is not showing up too well in the picture. I need to work on my camera and lighting skills.


Ok, I know it's more like an abstract shape of a heart, maybe I'll find a better one next time! With any luck, I hope I can get a heart shaped rock collection like the other people did here.

On the side note, one piece of rock that I liked a lot was an owl shaped rock I found while I was on my road trip in Arizona.

Here are also some other rocks/stones I've acquired through shops:


Picture sandstone:



Peacock ore:



Barite/rose rocks:

Oh~the wonder of rocks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment